Sunday, May 4, 2008

Second Painting


WOW!!

It's been about 3 weeks and John and I have both been busy doing firewood for next year but we managed to get together once a week and do a painting over a 2 week period.

This one is yet another horse and barn but from a different location.

It was from a picture I took a few years ago during a snowstorm at full zoom with my

Canon S3 IS.....full zoom being 12 X so a lot of compression is shown in the barn and background.

This painting was done over a 2 week period taking about 5 hours in total.....with several re-works!

I did it completely on my own and didn't even show the preliminary work to John.

At the same time he came over once a week and we worked on yet another painting.

All in all I'm very happy with this one.....and most of all I think I 'accidentally' captured the snowstorm and the atmosphere that goes with it.

I hope you enjoy it and as always....please feel free to leave any criticisms and/or comments.

No comments: