Sunday, May 4, 2008

Third Painting


April 15,

Just finished my third painting and my second one done with John and, as usual it is done from one of my photographs.

Although he works with the same medium...acrylic, John is using a larger canvas than I am...about 16 X 20 while I am still using the 9 X 12 ones.

This is a picture of my friend Peter's farm near Peterboro Ontario where he raises sheep for both breeding sales and meat.

This view is from an overgrown orchard looking toward his old red brick farmhouse.

I was quite pleased with this one and felt that I had at least captured some of the shadows that were present.

It was a warm sunny day in the spring and we had just finished a full day of pulling lambs.

Once again I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think of it.

No comments: